My 1st ESP/LTD! JH-600-EC

Updated
Jimmy F

Jeff Hanneman is one of my bigger influences; and I've always been intrigued by his guitars. When I first started learning how to play, my teacher had a Kahler on his Jackson and I have wanted one ever since.....that was in the early 80s!

Well, I found a killer deal on a JH-600-EC and pulled the trigger on it! Needless to say, I AM BLOWN AWAY!!! This thing is amazing. It's as heavy as my buddy's Les Pauls and he actually wants one now, too!!!! 

It has a bad gash on the back, but that doesn't bother me one bit....playing wise. I figure it's just broke in! LOL!

I do have a question, since ESP/LTD doesn't do manuals for their guitars, except the generic one off the website; is the switch up by the neck, on top the one for Active and Passive pickups? I figure as much, judging by the tone change while playing. Just wanted to say hello and find out for sure. 

Also, I have played MANY EC-1000 models with Floyds and without; and I prefer this model over them. The ones I played were used at Guitar Center and Sam Ash, but they just didn't have the feel that this one does. I don't mean the weight, the JH is FRIGGIN HEAVY! (Sound & Weight). The necks felt different and just didn't appeal to me like this one does. Maybe it's just an old metal head thing. LOL!

anyways.....I'M STOKED TO BE A NEW OWNER OF THIS THING!!!!

Kjetil (GRIM) Remen

Congrats dude. It looks amazing. Jeff is a legend and I would also love to own a Hannaman signature guitar. Again congrats and thanks for sharing.

Post to Thread