Possibility of Original Ouija Anniversary Edition?

Updated
Possibility of Original Ouija Anniversary Edition?

Hey all.  Just curious as to what the consensus is from those of you more "in the know" than me: Do you think there'll be a KH Ouija anniversary edition like there was for the KH-3?  I've noticed Kirk bringing the black Ouija into the rotation more and more lately, and it looks to be a pretty new/clean model (unless I'm missing something, which is very possible).  Is there an anniversary for the original black Ouija coming up or anything?  I'd love it if they made a standard ESP line of them for the anniversary (that's not limited and sold at the Faustian price of $12k lol).  You guys think this is a possibility or just my wishful thinking?  

Guiguitarz

Hi mate,

Kirk just brought back his 2009 Ouija Black model on stage.

I don't think they will release another Ouija run, I hope so, too much Ouija models out there. It must stop ! 

Also it will never be a standard ESP line.

G.

ESP 348

I don't think there will be an anniversary Ouija. I hope not. 

Kirk has sold off a lot of his ESP guitars, looks like he's kept at least one black Ouija that he is playing on stage again for this M72 tour. 

He doesn't seem to play the red Ouija as much as the purple Ouija. 

So I'm thinking that his black Ouija, like his purple Ouija and his Mummy guitar sound "just right" for him.

He's said in the past that his Mummy sounds "just right", obviously a combination of the right materials and luthier at the ESP Custom Shop makes his Mummy sound and feel right. 

I can understand what he is saying, i've got many ESP Hammett Custom Shops and some feel and sound better than others. All are still amazing, but some better than others. 

alebtart

He definitely seems to be enjoying his Gibson collection a lot more these days but ESP will always be cemented in my mind of representing the band, good to still see James loyal to the brand.

I wonder which ESP's Kirk has sold - the original "Caution Hot" and Ouija remains my favourite, in addition to the KH-20 which he never really played live much - the skulls and bones on that thing are mean as!

ESP 348
alebtart wrote:

He definitely seems to be enjoying his Gibson collection a lot more these days but ESP will always be cemented in my mind of representing the band, good to still see James loyal to the brand.

I wonder which ESP's Kirk has sold - the original "Caution Hot" and Ouija remains my favourite, in addition to the KH-20 which he never really played live much - the skulls and bones on that thing are mean as!

Hey mate, hope all has been well.

Kirk has sold HEAPS of his ESP guitars man. 

Traded some, sold some, some are still for sale but their asking prices are huge as you can imagine. 

He has sold his original black Ouija, his Bride, Dracula, 2x white Ouijas, original KH3, standard looking KH2. 

And that's all I know, has probably sold more since then. 

I reckon he's kept the Caution Hot guitar, maybe lol. That has done around 15 years of touring that guitar lol.  

alebtart
ESP 348 wrote:

Traded some, sold some, some are still for sale but their asking prices are huge as you can imagine. 

He has sold his original black Ouija, his Bride, Dracula, 2x white Ouijas, original KH3, standard looking KH2. 

I reckon he's kept the Caution Hot guitar, maybe lol. That has done around 15 years of touring that guitar lol.  

Shame to hear, thought the iconic KH-3 would have stayed.

Any links/source to the guitar sales or exchanged privately?

ESP 348
alebtart wrote:

Shame to hear, thought the iconic KH-3 would have stayed.

Any links/source to the guitar sales or exchanged privately?

Yep, thought he would have kept the KH3 also.

Curtis P.

I think this is

Kultschar

Is the Purple version still his main Oujia on the current tour or has the black overtaken it?

ESP 348

From what I have seen so far, purple Ouija been played the most but the black Ouija is definitely making a comeback.  

Post to Thread